INSTOOLS : Create Experiment at Kentucky
- Change into you home directory using command "cd ~/"
- To obtain the INSTOOLS code, download the INSTOOLS package from http://www.uky.emulab.net/downloads/INSTOOLSv3_1.tgz . Then untar the INSTOOLS package.
- Change into the INSTOOLSv3.1 directory using command "cd v3.1"
- Rspec to be used [gec9_sample2.rspec] is located in the rspecs folder.To view it use command "less rspecs/gec9_sample2.rspec" . Visuals for the topology are shown below.
Routes for the nodes in this topology has been pre-set in the rspec. Please check the rspec file contents for details.
NOTE: Nodes being used in this experiment are OpenVZ based Virtual Nodes.
- Create an experiment using that rpsec at the Kentucky Testbed. Command to use is
./createExp.py -n <SLICENAME> \
-m https://www.uky.emulab.net/protogeni/xmlrpc/cm \
- The "-m " is used to point your API calls to the URL of the CM specified.
- Wait for the experiment setup to complete.
- Note down the virtual ids,physical hostnames and sshd ports of each node allocated to your slice (shown on your screen during sliver creation).
- Try login to these PC nodes to verify if they are setup properly. To login to these use the command "ssh -p <sshd port number> <physical hostname>"
- ssh into n1 using command from step 8 and ping nodes n2 and n3 using the command "ping n2" and "ping n3".
- Your experiment has been created sucessfully.