INSTOOLS Live View is an interface for each MC.
To access the Live View, click on an MC node to bring up the control form. In this case MCutahemulab located at pc476.emulab.net.
Click on the "Main Page" button.
This will take you to the Live View Page.
From here, you can access the complete collection of measurements for each machine the MC measures. This information includes:
INSTOOLS shows the contents of a variety of configuration tables, routing tables, caches, etc. The following is a list of tables that are available on most network nodes:
- ARP table
- IP Address Table
- Loaded Kernel Modules Table (module list obtained from "lsmod" command on Linux )
- Process Table (process list obatined from "top" command on Linux)
- Routing Tables
- Active TCP connections
- Active UDP Listeners
INSTOOLS is able to plot traffic graphics for nodes and links. In particular, the following graphs are generated automatically by INSTOOLS:
- Node CPU Utilization Graph - ( CPU usage [user and system] v/s time)
- Node Memory Utilization Graph - (Memory usage in KB v/s time)
- Node Total Traffic Graph (bytes v/s time)
- Node IMCP Traffic Graph (packets v/s time)
- Node Total TCP traffic graph (packets v/s time)
- Node Total UDP traffic graph (packets v/s time)
- Node Total IP traffic graph (packets v/s time)
- Link Interface Traffic (byte count v/s time)
- Link Unicast Traffic (packet count v/s time)
- (In case of links, there are two graphs, one for each interface on the link)
- Netflow graphs are available for a variety of ports/protocols including: "169","255",ah,eigrp,esp,icmp,ipinip,normal,skip,tcp,udp,aim, bo2k, dc, dns, edonkey, ftp, gnutella, http, https, imap, irc, kazaa, nntp, pop3, real, smtp, ssh, telnet
Click through the menu options to explore the available information. For example, to see the CPU Graph for node R2, choose the menu options Protogeni->R2->Graph->CPU Utilization.