- Should preferably be a Linux/Freebsd machine with
- Python v2.5 or higher
- Python crypto libraries
- User should get an Emulab Account as mentioned at http://www.protogeni.net/trac/protogeni/wiki/Tutorial#GetanEmulabAccount
- Create an SSL Certificate as mentioned at http://www.protogeni.net/trac/protogeni/wiki/Tutorial#SSLCertificate and save your certificate in $HOME/.ssl/encrypted.pem.
- After creating the certificate, make sure you also create the file .protogeni-config to avoid running in the problem mentioned at http://www.protogeni.net/trac/protogeni/wiki/Tutorial#CertificateProblems
- Save the password you used to create the certificate in clear text in $HOME/.ssl/password
- Also create ssh keys as mentioned on http://www.protogeni.net/trac/protogeni/wiki/Tutorial#UploadingSSHKeys in order to login to your experiments.
- If you use a passphrase to create your ssh keys, then it is required by the INSTOOLS code for you to use ssh-agent to manage your private keys. If you do not do this, you will end up typing in your passphrase numerous times just for a one node experiment.
- The INSTOOLS software assumes that the user has his experiment setup properly and all nodes are reachable via ssh.
- Prior to using these instructions, you should have created proper geni credentials. These credentials should include files (encrypted.pem and password.) in your .ssl directory .
- The INSTOOLS software assumes that the user has his experiment setup properly before running any scripts provided in this package.